Valterra is exploring for mineral deposits in British Columbia, Canada and Esmeralda County, Nevada USA. The company is well-structured with an experienced geologic team, management group, and Board of Directors.
The recently acquired Weepah project in Nevada adds a high-grade, past producing gold property located in the prolific Walker Lane Gold Belt.
Due diligence sampling by Valterra in the Weepah pit confirmed earlier reported high-grade sampling by others and includes:
- South Pit face - Chip-channel samples up to 3m of 9.01 g/t Au and 7m of 5.67 g/t Au in two adjacent samples,
- North Pit face - Chip-channel samples up to 8m of 3.50 g/t Au and 1.2m of 2.81 g/t Au in two adjacent samples, and
- Center of Pit - A float sample returned 16.2g/t Au and 10.6g/t Ag.
Valterra is also active in south-eastern BC at Salmo and controls the >8,300 hectare ‘Swift Katie’ Au-Cu-Ag porphyry system which also includes a high-grade gold system at the southern Swift target.
The ‘Swift’ target has been a main focus for Valterra in recent years. Highlights from the 1980s* and from Valterra’s 2014, 2016 and 2017 diamond drilling includes:
- 11.5 g/t Au & 6.7 g/t Ag over 2.5m in hole SK17-015
- 1.1 g/t Au & 0.5 g/t Ag over 22.6m in hole SK17-015 and
- 3.1 g/t Au, 2.0 g/t Ag over 8.6m from hole SK17-019
- 0.96 g/t Au over 6.6m in hole SK16-011
- 13.3 g/t Au, 201 g/t Ag & 0.33% Cu over 3.5m from SK14-002
- 1.83 g/t Au over 10m from historic hole 87-6*, including 5.15g/t Au over 2.0m;
* Historical assay results have not been verified by Valterra and should not be relied upon.
In 2017, drilling successfully offset two high-grade gold zones located along a 1000 metre strike-length of the Swift gold structure.
Figure: Location of 2017 drilling at the Swift Zone
The ‘Katie’ deposit is an alkaline Cu-Au-Ag porphyry system. The potassic core has elevated Cu and Au values and is surrounded by a broad propylitic zone. Sulphide minerals include pyrite, chalcopyrite with minor sphalerite, tetrahedrite, bornite and molybdenum.
The project has excellent infrastructure with major highways nearby, established forestry access routes on-site, proximal high capacity power network nearby and a skilled regional workforce (pop. >25,000 in the district). Moreover, BC/Canada provides many generous investment and tax advantages in a politically stable jurisdiction.